Finding The Best Suppliers
Finding the Best Suppliers
Wedding Planning can be overwhelming, and there is a lot to consider to make your special day everything you want it to be. From the dress to the venue, from celebrant to the place settings at the reception, it is all a giant puzzle needing to be pulled together in a timely manner by an abundance of people. But, you don't have to do it alone, there are a plethora of suppliers who do this every day. But how do you choose the right one? Read on to find out how.
Where to Begin
It can be hard to know just what type of suppliers you may need but, compiling a list of suppliers you think you may need to bring all the pieces of your wedding together is the best starting point. Ask yourself what suppliers do I need to book first? What sort of entertainment do we want? Do I need a hairdresser or will I do my own hair? If you are considering a wedding planner, then this is where you should begin because they will help pull everything else into place.
Once you have composed your list, here are some of our top tips for finding a supplier that works for you.
Top Tips for Finding the Right Supplier
- Research - The best tip we can give you is to take the time to research. This can mean the difference between getting the right or wrong supplier, one you feel at ease with and meets your exact needs.
- Get a variety of quotes - Finding the right supplier most often comes down to budget. Once you have shortlisted some suppliers, get a breakdown of their costs and see if it works within your wedding budget. This will help you whittle down your list.
- Meet potential suppliers in person - If your supplier is local, take the time to meet them in person. You will get a better gauge of whether they are someone you can work closely and build a rapport with. If they are interstate or overseas, organise a video meeting.
- Read supplier reviews - See what others are saying about your preferred suppliers. Why do others like their services? Why don't they? Be objective and arm yourself with the knowledge to make an informed decision.
- Check out their social media - Take a look at supplier’s social media accounts. This will be a good indication of the type of work they are doing and give you a glimpse into their work ethics and personality types.
- Keep communication open - When planning an event like a wedding, good communication is essential. Ensure that you keep conversing with your suppliers or potential suppliers regularly. When considering them as an option, be mindful of how quickly they return your messages. If they are slow to respond, you will need to think whether the professional relationship is going to work for you.
Like all relationships, you can generally tell whether a supplier feels right to you or not and with the proper assistance, it will all go off without a hitch.